Clinical Practice Guidelines provide clinicians with evidence–based best practices for dealing with diseases. The National Guideline Clearinghouse gathers guidelines from over 180 organizations.
The following resources are recommended as useful by Carl R. Darnall Army Medical Center providers. Providers are welcome to make additional recommendations to the webmaster.
Other Guidelines Resources
A large number of medical guidelines on the Internet are offered by a variety of organizations, associations, and medical societies. These guidelines are usually limited to a single medical specialty or area of clinical practice.
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists
- American College of Cardiology
- American College of Radiology
- American Diabetes Association
- Institute for Clinical Systems Improvement
- Madigan Army Medical Center: Referral Guidelines
- National Comprehensive Cancer Network
- U.S. Preventive Services Task Force
Resources For Using Guidelines
- Centers for Health Evidence: Users' Guides to Evidence-Based Practice
- Sharable, Computer-Interpretable Clinical Guidelines
page last modified on: 5/9/2013