- Band of Angels
- Staying at Fisher House
- Army Fisher Houses
- Fisher House Foundation
- Fisher House Artist
Main: (254) 286-7927
Alt: (254) 286-7929
Monday – Friday: 7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
|Fort Hood Fisher House
Santa Fe and Wratten Drive, Bldg. 36015
Fort Hood, Texas 76544
The Fisher House is a "home away from home" for military personnel (both active and retired) and their families during a medical crisis. The house has a warm, compassionate environment where families and caring friends can nurture one another in times of need. It offers families a clean, safe, low–cost respite from the stress of worrying about loved ones. The house was a gift to the Fort Hood community from Zachary and Elizabeth Fisher of New York.
The Fisher House is located on the corner of Santa Fe Drive and Wratten Drive, in the south parking lot of the Carl R. Darnall Army Medical Center.
How do I contact the Fisher House?
The Fisher House Manager is available Monday – Friday, from 7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. During after duty hours or on the weekends, please contact the AOD (Administrative Officer on Duty) at the Information Desk in the main lobby of the Carl R. Darnall Army Medical Center.
Who can stay in the Fisher House?
- Patients' family members, relatives and significant others
- Active duty, retirees, and veterans and their family members
- Families do not pay to stay at a Fisher House. Fees at Army, Navy, and Air Force Fisher Houses are underwritten by Fisher House Foundation.
What does Fisher House offer?
- 7 private rooms with private baths
- Common kitchen and laundry room
- Large family room for all guests
- Community dining room
For what other reasons can individuals stay in the Fisher House?
- Scheduled for early–morning testing or treatment and live more than an hour from the hospital
- Scheduled for same–day surgery
- Scheduled for tests before surgery
- Scheduled for a procedure or testing
- Released from the hospital but not officially released from a doctor's care
- Nursing mother whose baby is still hospitalized
- Parents living off–post with a seriously ill child in the hospital
- For other situations or circumstances, please call the Fisher House manager, 286-7927.
page last modified on: 5/15/2013