Main: (254) 286-7742
Monday – Friday: 7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
|2nd Floor, above the Emergency Room
Fort Hood, Texas 76544
The Hospital Education Department (HED) is a resource for all Carl R. Darnall Army Medical Center education, training and staff development, excluding Graduate Medical Education.
HED manages and coordinates activities that promote the readiness level and provides educational opportunities for the Southern Regional Medical Command (SRMC) that include:
- Life Support Classes: BLS, ACLS, NRP, PALS, PEARS, & Heartsaver.
- Staff Development, Orientation & Mandatory Annual Training.
- Preceptor Development.
- Nursing and Allied Health Education (Courses, Contact Hours, etc.).
- Mosby Nursing Skills.
- Readiness Medical Training for Medics, Special Forces Medics, EMTs, Medical Proficiency Training (MPT) & Pre-Hospital Trauma.
- Phase II AMEDD programs (Enlisted & Civilian Training Programs)
page last modified on: 5/23/2013