GME Programs & Fellowships
- Graduate Medical Education
- Medical Library
- Population Health
- Simulation Lab
|Contact CRDAMC Emergency Medicine Ultrasound (EMUS) Fellowship Program|
Director: (254) 553-0927
|Carl R. Darnall Army Medical Center
ATTN: GME Office
36000 Darnall Loop, Box 68
Fort Hood, Texas 76544-4752
Monday – Friday: 7 a.m. - 4 p.m.
The Emergency Medicine Ultrasound (EMUS) Fellowship Program curriculum is an established program but will continue to evolve with changes in national, international and Armed Forces use of bedside and trauma US both in the United States and abroad. There are no current out rotations for the EMUS fellow, but a Program Level Agreement (PLA) has been created for future rotations. The fellow will spend 2 weeks one on one with our local Cardiologist reviewing cardiac echocardiographs. As per ACEP EMUS fellowship requirements (more than 80% of US teaching must be done in the emergency department), the fellow has limited teaching by radiology US technicians.
The US fellow works as an attending physician and teaching staff in addition to their duties as the EMUS fellow. He/she plays an integral role in bedside teaching, staff credentialing, image quality assurance programs and hospital wide US teaching when necessary. He/she is an active participant in M&M conferences, grand rounds and hospital wide issues relating directly to EMUS.
As the fellow, he/she is required to complete one research project, which he/she has initiated, and attend, as well as present at, two national EM or EMUS conferences.
We appreciate the support of CRDAMC leaders, administrators, and teaching faculty throughout the facility. We continue to rely on the hard work of all these people at all levels to continue to provide an unmatched education for the fellow. We offer our sincere thanks from the Department of Emergency Medicine to all involved with our program.
- Established formal Emergency Medicine Ultrasound (EMUS) Fellowship Program.
- Developed EMUS core curriculum in line with Emergency Medicine (EM) and American College of Emergency Physicians (ACEP) EMUS fellowship national standards.
- Created and initiated formal didactics and evaluation system.
- Creation and management of new CRDAMC EMUS fellowship website.
- Formalized US image quality assurance program.
- Formalized US credentialing system in line with ACEP future standards for credentialing/re-credentialing.
- Initiated EMUS fellow and resident research.
- Expansion and improved residency US teaching and utilization.
- Excellent patient care for the busiest ER in the AMEDD.
page last modified on: 5/7/2013