To provide a safe, functional, supportive, and appropriate environment for staff to conduct Compassionate, World Class Healthcare, One Patient at a Time.
Main: (254) 288-8477
FAX: (254) 286-7637
Monday – Friday: 7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
|Carl R. Darnall Army Medical Center
Bldg. 36000, Room 0427
Fort Hood, Texas 76544
The Safety Office administers the Commander's Safety and Occupational Health Program by:
- Implementing Federal, Department of Defense (DOD), Department of the Army (DA), Medical Command (MEDCOM), Southern Regional Medical Command (SRMC), and Carl R. Darnall Army Medical Center (CRDAMC) safety and occupational health policies.
- Providing education and training for the staff to enhance safety awareness and prevent losses.
- Conducting hazard surveillance of CRDAMC facilities/operations and making recommendations for correction of unsafe conditions and acts.
- Investigating, analyzing, and reporting accidents to prevent recurrence.
- Conducting risk assessments for operations in CRDAMC, Dental Command, and Veterinary Services and developing controls to prevent losses.
- Promote a safe, functional, and supportive environment within the hospital so that quality and safety are preserved.
The following directives and regulations set forth the policies and procedures implemented by the safety program:
- Army Regulation (AR) 385-10, "The Army Safety Program"
- Army Regulation (MEDCEN) / Dental Activity (DENTAC) / Public Health Command-Fort Hood District (PHC-FH) renamed Veterinary Services, Reg 385-2, "Safety and the Environment of Care"
- The Joint Commission Environment of Care standards
page last modified on: 5/7/2013