Fort Hood Veterinary Center — Traveling or Moving with Pets

Dog in a suitcase.

Are you PCSing to a new post soon? Heading overseas? Your pets need to have health certificates to travel. Certain locations have specific requirements for incoming pets. Hawaii, Japan, and the UK require Rabies Antibody Testing (FAVNs) on all animals inbound. There are several websites available to help alleviate some of the stress. To ensure your veterinarian has enough time to start the process, notify them at least 3 months in advance or as soon as possible.

Due to the constantly changing animal import policies of many countries it is recommended that you contact the consulate of the country you are going to and get their most up to date requirements.

You can also refer to this website for traveling with pets information offsite link in new window for further guidance.

page last modified on: 3/28/2016

Privacy and Security Notice | External Link Disclaimer | This is a Department of Defense Computer System | Contact Webmaster

36065 Santa Fe Avenue Fort Hood, Texas 76544-4752 | Phone: (254) 288-8000 | Today is Wednesday, September 28, 2016

This website contains official Government information